With more than 25 years of national and international experience in the Tax sector, Choaib, Paiva e Justo Advogados Associados office has highly qualified professionals who work with agility and proactivity, constantly seeking the best legal solutions and monitoring the business world and its legal effects.
- Analysis and legal advice for corporate taxation in Actual Income Method, Deemed Taxable Income, and Simplified Taxation System. Preparation and review of federal, state, and municipal taxes, always focusing on the characteristics of each tax, in addition to the sector of operation and location;
- Due Diligence: monitoring and active participation in compliance processes and measuring of asset and liability contingencies, aimed at corporate Mergers and acquisitions operations (M&A);
- Assistance and consulting in the preparation or review of ancillary obligations that validate the calculation and payment of federal, state, and municipal taxes, especially those transmitted to the Public Digital Bookkeeping System (SPED), such as Fiscal Bookkeeping (ECF), Digital Bookkeeping (ECD), Digital Tax Bookkeeping (EFD), in addition to those that demonstrate the amounts due and the means of payment of taxes, such as the Federal Tax Debt and Credit Declaration (DCTF) and the Electronic Request for Refund, Reimbursement and Compensation Declaration;
- Consulting aimed at labor and social security law, especially the employment and services taxes;
- Tax review focused on the adequacy of internal controls, which guarantee legal certainty for the calculation and payment of federal, state, and municipal taxes. Mapping and analysis of procedures, in order to identify elements that aim to take advantage of tax benefits recommended in sectorial or regional legislation, with a view to the lawful reduction of exaction. Risk analysis with the guidance of possible risk areas and the respective mitigation action plan;
- Advice and consulting in the calculation and payment of Income Tax, including the preparation of the Annual Income Tax.
- Tax litigation in the judicial sphere, with preventive action in all judicial instances and spheres;
- Tax litigation in the administrative sphere, with extensive knowledge of the functioning of the judging courts in all spheres, especially the Federal Administrative Council of Tax Appeals, having a vast experience in monitoring strategic processes and oral arguments;
- Risk management and procedural strategies in multidisciplinary cases involving inspection and surveillance authorities from different spheres;
- Monitoring and compliance seeking to reduce tax exposures focusing on best practices;
- Tax status regularization before the federal, state, and municipal revenue services.
- Tax planning, including the analysis of new products, and operations.