Working with agility and proactiveness, Choaib, Paiva e Justo Advogados Associados adds value to its clients, looking for the best legal solutions possible and monitoring the business world and its legal effects.
The Family and Succession Law department acts both in the preventive sphere, through consulting and Estate planning, and in the judicial sphere in mutually agreed or litigious processes.
- Estate planning for individuals and groups of family businesses, involving assets in Brazil and/or abroad;
- Assistance on property and financial assets donation contracts, considering family, tax, and corporate aspects;
- Regularization to avoid future conflicts over assets (eg formalization of relationships and choice of marital regime; compensation for donations between heirs and family agreements; separation of family vs business assets);
- We provide information about the order of Succession in Brazil, including aspects related to Tax on Causa Mortis Transmission and Donation – ITCMD (issues involving assets abroad and others);
- Definitive Exit: assistance for clients who leave the country and want to leave their succession organized in relation to assets in Brazil;
- Legal and Holographic Will writing, and Advance Healthcare Directives;
- Legal separation, Divorce, formalization and dissolution of common-law marriage and distribution of assets;
- Child Support Cases;
- Child Custody Matters;
- Denied and Disputed Paternity and Maternity Matters;
- Interdictions and Supported Decision Making (SDM);
- Assistance in the formalization of a Dating Contract;
- Assistance in Banns of Marriage and creation of Antenuptial Agreement;
- Advice on formalizing a Consensual Marriage;
- Consulting and writing of legal opinions in Succession Law;
- Consulting and writing of legal opinions in Family Law.